Newcastle Cathedral Needs You!
We rely on our fabulous team of volunteers to help us provide a peaceful and welcoming sanctuary for all in the middle of this busy city. There are many ways to get involved, whatever your skills and interests.
We’re currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Welcome Team Members – the friendly and helpful people who are often the first to greet visitors
- Chaplains – someone to listen and provide spiritual direction (must have a Bishop’s licence)
- Embroiderers and Costume Designers – to keep vestments, linens and seasonal costumes in check!
- Handy people with DIY skills – to ensure our building looks its very best
- Special Event Stewards – to support concerts, exhibitions and other events at the Cathedral
- Tour Guides – ensuring that visitors can receive an in-depth and fascinating history of the Cathedral and its place in the city
- Flower Arrangers – ensuring the Cathedral continues to blossom with fabulous floral designs
- Community History Volunteers – gain a fascinating insight into the people who have made Newcastle what it is today, and to ensure our monuments and artworks are around for generations to enjoy
- Calligraphers – contribute to our official documents and see your work throughout the Cathedral
We’d love to hear from you if you’re interested in any of the above positions.
If you have a skill or passion which isn’t listed above, please still get in touch and let us know!
To register your interest, please contact the Project Team via email: CGISS@stnicholascathedral.co.uk or call: 0191 232 1939.